Assisting a global leading consumer-goods company with rebuilding the brand purpose of one of its major brands
- One of the major global brands of our client, as a brand umbrella, was lacking consistency among its sub-brands and over time, which was impacting its performance.
- The goal was to give to the brand umbrella an original and legitimate positioning, and implement it across its sub-brands (i.e., reinforce its brand equity, the brand extra value).
Arthur D. Little’s approach was based on 3 steps:
- Reviewing the current brand identity (history and current attributes) and benchmarking it with its main competitors
- Designing brand scenarios based on its most relevant and differentiating attributes
- Selecting the best scenario and detailing both the brand platform and the key actions to implement it, as well as the main impacts on the sub-brands
Arthur D. Little came up with an original, legitimate and sharp new brand positioning.
The vision of the brand was unique and ambitious, the brand attributes were very precise, and a general short- and mid-term roadmap was proposed to implement the new positioning.
The CEO & teams have strongly supported and started to implement new brand guidelines, now being transformed into:
- Identity guidelines
- Products & packaging guidelines
- Communication guidelines
- Internal plan