Understanding the innovation performance of an offshore oil & gas producer in the Middle East, and identifying improvements
- We were asked to review and benchmark the client’s existing innovation schemes (idea generation and innovation awards) of an offshore oil & gas producer in the Middle East.
- The project needed to be carried out within three weeks because the client was required to implement our recommendations before launching the new scheme. One of the main challenges was to understand the innovation performance/need in each business unit.
The project was divided into four analysis pieces.
- Firstly, an innovation excellence study was conducted.
- Secondly, the innovation culture of the firm was assessed.
- Thirdly, the innovation process and other relevant organizational processes were thoroughly reviewed.
- Lastly, international benchmarking of idea generation and innovation awards was conducted.
- We highlighted the impact of each recommendation on the result of the firm’s innovation excellence score, recommended quick wins which could be implemented for the launch of the new scheme, and supported the implementation of measures.
- After the conclusion of our engagement, the client was furnished with a profound understanding of its innovation culture and the differences among business units, age groups and career levels that was previously lacking.