Gathering the brightest entrepreneurial minds
More than 100 managers and company leaders from ten different countries attended the first Executive Academy: The Corporate Gateway to the Startup World in Vienna, Hofburg,Oct 29th 2014.
Together with the start-up “Start Europe”, Arthur D. Little designed and facilitated the whole event that took place close to the Pioneers Festival, where around 2,500 of the brightest entrepreneurial minds from all tech industries met.
With an exclusive round of Executives at the academy event, we discussed how to turn disruptive changes into business opportunities.
- Startup Collaboration – a Corporate Imperative (Hilton Romanski, Cisco)
- Spire as a Disruptive Startup (Peter Platzer, Spire)
- Collaboration from Startup and Corporate Perspective (Georg Kopetz, TTech & Reinhard Nowak, Linemetrics)
- Big meets Small (Dennis Curry, Konica Minolta & Martin Herdina, Wikitude)
Special Guest: Simon Warden, Director NASA Ames Research Center
- The Creative Company (Fabian Dömer & Nicolai Schaettgen, Arthur D. Little)
- How to flirt with Startups (Stephan Beyer & Tobias Göllner, Pioneers Discover)
- Strategy & Tactics on Startup Collaboration (Manuel Gerres, Swiss National Railways)
We concluded our meeting with a podium discussion “Approaching Startup Collaboration: Should Corporates set up an Incubator? (with Hannes Ametsreiter, CEO Telekom Austria Group and Blair Palmer, Head UNESCO Innovation lab and others on stage).
After the event participants had the chance to participate on a guided tour through the Pioneers Festival – special attraction: the aeromobil – first flying solar car.