Andrew is an experienced strategy and operations consultant specializing in asset-intensive industries (aviation, rail, logistics, natural resources)
Andrew Smith is a Principal at Arthur D. Little, based in Hong Kong, where he is a senior member of our global Operations Management Practice, specializing in advising clients in asset-intensive industries (aviation, rail, natural resources, logistics and related service industries) in a range of areas. These include:
- Advising clients in the travel and transportation sector on opportunities for strategy development and operational transformation
- Oversight and delivery of business transformation programs for clients in the aviation, transport logistics and natural resources sectors
- Design and implementation of maintenance-focused business improvement projects and operational performance reviews in asset-intensive industries to reduce downtime and optimize productivity
- Due diligence of major capital project delivery, to reduce project delivery risk and support attainment of business-case targets
- Alignment and optimization of business improvement portfolios to organizational strategy, organizational models and business priorities
Andrew has experience of influencing executive and operational stakeholders in complex matrix organizations to foster alignment around the need for strategic business change, from the blue-collar workforce to board-level executives. Andrew is passionate about building high-performing teams to facilitate sustainable improvements in business performance and the customer experience in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
Prior to joining Arthur D. Little in 2015, Andrew had 8 years of consulting experience, including 4 years with Deloitte Australia‘s Operational Excellence practice, leading strategic and operational projects, and 4 years with Capgemini (UK and Australia). He also had industry experience with easyJet, where he performed a business-planning role and delivered a range of strategic and operational initiatives.
Andrew is a recognized aviation thought leader, with recent publications including “Aviation Alliance Strategy” and “Aviation Maintenance Repair and Overhaul”.
Andrew holds an MBA from IE Business School in Spain (Madrid). He also speaks French and Spanish.