James is an experienced professional working across the energy, transportation and food & drink sectors, with deep expertise in process safety, operational risk management and asset integrity.
James is a Principal at Arthur D. Little, based in our Cambridge office in the United Kingdom, and an active member of our global Risk Practice.
Examples of his work include:
- Provision of risk management, asset integrity management and process safety management services to the oil & gas industry
- Operational performance improvement, focusing on alignment of management-system processes & arrangements to key risks
- Development of organizational competence and effective safety/risk management cultures
- Strategic safety review of HSE arrangements for FTSE250 international infrastructure group and public transport operator
- Completion of numerous oil/gas and petrochemical major investment project HSE studies focused on identification of operational and safety hazards and their effective mitigation
- Process design review of global oil & gas upstream, refining and petrochemical investment projects, including upstream central production facilities, refinery heavy hydrocarbon conversion, product conversion, sour gas treatment, polymer production, synthetic rubbers and specialist chemical, including isocyanate manufacture
- International process and manufacturing sector HSE due diligence, including various target manufacturing facilities and International equity offerings on behalf of National Privatization Administration and International Investment Bank
- Strategic safety management support to upstream and downstream oil & gas operators, long-term HSE advisor for major new initiative to achieve a significant step change in safety performance
- Process safety management (PSM) audits and benchmarking of international refining and petrochemical facilities in Europe, Far East and Latin America
- Major investment project risk management analysis including the upstream multi-billion-dollar development and implementation of new corporate HSE management system arrangements
James is a Chartered Engineer and a member of the Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE