Maki advises global and local clients on their growth strategies through technology innovation.
Maki is a Partner at Arthur D. Little’s Tokyo office, where she heads the “Healthcare & Life Sciences” and “Consumer Goods & Retail” Practices of Arthur D. Little Japan.
Her expertise ranges from visionary leadership planning to mid-/long-term corporate and business strategy planning, including international business expansion, R&D and technology innovation. She has extensive experience supporting leading Japanese and international companies in the fields of FMCG (fast-moving consumer goods) and healthcare from B2B to B2C.
Examples of projects Maki has been responsible for include:
- Emerging technology assessment, including regenerative medicine
- Biopharmaceutical business and R&D strategy development, CMO strategy development
- R&D management projects to help the client become an innovative learning organization (from strategy and processes to organization development). She has helped several first-tier health care companies and FMCG companies
- Mid-term corporate strategy planning project for a Japanese pharmaceutical company
- Strategic management technology for HC companies, including pharmaceutical companies
- R&D strategy planning in functional foods/beverages (several projects for successful Japanese companies in the FOSHU industry)
- Visioning, scenario planning and strategy development in R&D and IP management, as well as new-business development
- Various due-diligence projects relevant to the above areas.
Maki is also a well-known author and speaker on topics related to nutraceutical strategy development in the Japanese food and healthcare sector. She received a BS from Tohoku University.