We help manage the complexity and confusion surrounding carbon management debates driven by policy, consumers, supply chain etc. for both companies and investors by providing solutions that embrace this complexity and unlock value. We can pull together environmental and economic policy drivers for carbon into something that makes corporate strategy development manageable.
We not only build on assurance, valuation and market analyses to address how carbon will affect the bottom line today, but we also look at value created in tomorrow's markets while appreciating and understanding the role of discontinuities or step-changes in consumer requirements.
We help you assess your current and future carbon impacts, and develop a strategy for addressing them. We help you design, pilot, rollout and integrate appropriate carbon management processes. We help you develop your energy technology strategy and improve your energy efficiency.
We understand the role of emerging and potential technologies and mechanisms in addressing climate change and we have the breadth that is necessary in terms of timing, from short to long term, geographically, with teams across Europe, USA, SE Asia, and measures that include energy supply, energy demand, efficiency and behaviour.
We help companies manage carbon through five key steps:
- Assess risks and opportunities: understand potential risks/opportunities relating to direct and indirect CO2 emissions & downstream product use
- Understand potential risks and opportunities (regulatory, costs, revenue and reputation)
- Identify risks and opportunities by country and sector
- Identify strategic options: identify strategic options based on the company's current situation, market development and future ambitions
- Identify and prioritise key drivers of change behind carbon constraints on future markets
- Review competencies underpinning competitiveness
- Identify specific opportunities and risks based on business strategy
- Develop investment strategy: develop strategy based on a consideration of drivers of change and likely future carbon scenarios
- Develop strategy based on: direct emissions (low carbon technology and CO2 value chain, carbon markets, offsets), energy sourcing (e.g. renewables, distributed energy) and Indirect impacts (product stewardship)
- Select portfolio of actions
- Implement: manage risks and exploit carbon related opportunities through selecting appropriate strategic options
- Implement strategic options (low carbon technology and innovation management, energy demand management, energy sourcing solutions and carbon market and offset opportunities)
- Integration into business strategy
- Measure and report: measure and communicate carbon management performance
- Measure and project current and future carbon emissions
- Determine reporting boundaries e.g. operational control vs equity share
- Select and report targets aligned with business strategy
- Measure revenue and profit impacts