There are big differences between the top and low end performers in various regions:
- Western Europe: Overall best regional performance with average of 71.4 points and 7 out of the 18 analysed cities scoring above 75 points. Amsterdam (81.2) and London (78.5 points) lead the way - while Rome (57.9 points) and Athens (53.3) are the worst performing cities.
- Eastern / South Eastern Europe: An average performance from all cities in the region with an average of 64.0 points. Only Istanbul (70.2) comes close to the top performance cluster and St. Petersburg (56.9 points) is the worst performing city in Eastern / South Eastern Europe.
- North America: A slightly below average performance, way below Western Europe with 62.0 points. Just Boston, with 76.2 points scores highly, while Atlanta has only 46.2 points, making it the worst performing city surveyed.
- South America: Average performance, just ahead of North America with 63.6 points. Mexico City leads the way with 65.7 index points closely followed by Buenos Aires (65.3) and Sao Paulo (59.7).
- Asia / Pacific: The broadest range in performance – from Hong Kong, which with 81.9 points tops the global table down to Manila with 48.4 points. This gives an average of 62.5 points.
- Middle East / Africa: The lowest performing region with an average of 54.4 points. Dubai (58.0) comes top and Teheran bottom with 47.7 points.