For a national energy agency, we tested and developed an initiative to drive national policy through regional pilots
The client was managing a proposed initiative consisting of focused activities on a regional scale, which would inform of and help drive significant progress towards national Irish sustainable-energy goals.
The initial concept aimed to demonstrate the delivery of an integrated sustainable-energy program through focused activities.
We were commissioned to test this underlying concept and recommend key elements of the strategy and activities for the initiative.
- We conducted an assessment of energy, housing and transport infrastructure, and patterns of supply and demand both regionally and nationally
- We assessed policy priorities (including EU directives) to assess potential sustainable-energy opportunities
- Through an interview program with key stakeholders, we developed an understanding of the key concerns that would have to be addressed
- The strategic framework developed by this project is considered a key strategy component of this national energy agency
- The work streams in sustainable transport, housing/planning, and business engagement are being developed
- Our client has been able to turn a high-level concept into a clearly articulated proposition which will assist engagement with key stakeholders