electricity trading beyond “buy and sell

Insights

Select your office

Reports

Petroleum refiners and shippers struggle over marine fuel

Tighter marine pollution regulations force marine-fuel value-chain players to rethink industrial and business models in order to maintain their

The marine-fuel sector is facing lower-sulfur-content specifications, with the major change taking place in January 2020. Both petroleum refiners and ship owners could contribute to close the supply-demand gap, but all players’ contributions will depend on each other’s, in both impact and timing.A...
Oil & gas

The Digital Century: where is value headed in the digital space?

With supporting conditions, Europe can regain a leadership role in this fast-growing ecosystem.

The digital industry has been through a lot of turbulence in the last 15 years, since the Internet bubble burst after the dot-com boom. Customer usage has changed radically, technology has been regularly upgraded and new players have emerged. Some of these have skyrocketed while others have...
Telecommunications, Information technology, Media & Electronics (TIME), Digital company transformation

America First: carbon emissions go last?

Potential impact of President Trump’s “America First Energy Plan” on the power sector

The Trump administration’s approach to the traditional energy trilemma (the challenge of balancing the goals of cheap, secure and clean energy) appears set to skew heavily towards the low cost and secure aspects of energy supply at the expense of any focus on carbon emissions. While federal...
Oil & gas, Utilities & alternative energy

Telecoms & Media executive breakfast event

Launch of annual Arthur D. Little flagship Telecom & Media study in London

On March 31, 2017, Arthur D. Little held in London the first of a series of launch events of the latest edition of its annual Telecoms & Media flagship report with an unprecedented attendance of global senior industry executives and key investors, including more than ten leading UK operators,...
Telecommunications, Information technology, Media & Electronics (TIME)

Creating a Gigabit Society

The role of 5G

People love being connected to digital services, demand continues to grow, and the number of services and applications continues to expand. Today’s mobile networks deliver greater speed and reliability than ever before, but in the next five years we will see a revolution in the...
Telecommunications, Information technology, Media & Electronics (TIME)

Funding lower-priority clinical trials

Exploring a new mechanism to fund the timely execution of deprioritized trials

Introduction: Some biopharma companies have built pipelines that offer more development opportunities than their resources allow them to pursue. Promising clinical trials may be moved down the priority list and their execution delayed – resulting in decline of asset value against a fixed...
Oil & gas

Unconventional hydrocarbons in Latin America

From dreams to reality

Production of unconventional hydrocarbons became globally prominent in 2010, when the US, for the first time, reached a daily output of 1 million barrels of tight oil. In Latin America, where high unconventional hydrocarbon potential has been widely recognized, Governments noticed the...
Oil & gas, Utilities & alternative energy

The future of automotive mobility

Winning the power play in tomorrow’s radically changed automotive ecosystem

Automotive as it has evolved over the last 100 years is perceived by many as leading to massive problems over the world. Driven by wealth, urbanization and increasing car-park pollution and congestion, effects have increased globally and need to be addressed.Technological development...
Automotive

Italian gas distribution tenders

An opportunity for utilities companies and infrastructure funds

The Italian gas distribution sector The Italian gas distribution sector is highly fragmented: the top six DSOs represent ~70% of the existing 22 million delivery points (DPs), while the remaining 30% is split among more than 200 players.In order to increase companies’ efficiency...
Utilities & alternative energy

The ultimate battle in the sky

Arthur D. Little explores the future development of long-haul air travel

Winning the long-haul battle is key to compete in the up-coming “hyper-consolidation” eraThe low-cost model is finally emerging for long-haul flights, and even still being in its infancy, it is raising the question of the economic sustainability and the future of legacy carriers....
Aerospace & defense, Travel & transportation