Julien is an expert in aviation business, combining expertise in strategy, marketing and organization.
Julien is a Principal at Arthur D. Little, based in the Paris Office, and an active member of our global Travel & Transportation Practice.
Since joining Arthur D. Little in 2008, Julien has primarily focused his management consulting work on Travel & Transportation business issues. In particular, he has led projects for clients in Aviation (Airport, Airlines, Service provider, Equipment manufacturer), Travel Retail, Rail and Urban transportation (Operator, Regulator) industries.
Julien has been involved in strategy & organization-related projects, among which:
- Multiple airport due diligences (in Europe, MENA and Asia) including:
- Bid support for a new Airport BOT (150 Mpax) in the Middle East
- Sale trade support of 2 major Indian airports (>50 Mpax)
- Sale trade support of an airport operator in MENA (10 airports, >70 Mpax)
- Support for the privatization of 2 major European airports (>60 Mpax)
- Support for privatization of 3 French regional airports (3 x 8-12 Mpax)
- Strategic plans, investment plans, support for regulation contract negotiation, review of operation and organization for multiple airport operators (France, Central America, etc.)
- Bid support for a major global travel retail operator for several RFP in the MENA region (including tender for Istanbul’s 3rd airport and a secondary GCC airport)
- Turn-around plan to recover sufficient profitability (ROCE >10%) for a truck-rental company (operational lease)
- Review of the operational plan for a leading freight operator
In addition to the transport business, Julien also gained experience in the healthcare & life sciences industry, working for medical equipment vendors, laboratories, and clinics, as well as in manufacturing (Aerospace equipment, Railway equipment, etc.) and services (insurance, sport events, etc.)
Julien has conducted several international projects in European countries, Turkey, Central America, India and especially South Korea, where he worked for a year in our Seoul office as part of the Arthur D. Little mobility program.
Prior to joining Arthur D. Little, Julien has also worked in financial auditing within Ernst & Young Education. He graduated from ENSAE (“SupAero” Toulouse) and Imperial College London. When able to escape, Julien can be found playing rugby, skiing, traveling or cooking famous French dishes for friends and family.