Allocating safety-integrity levels for a larger Italian Petrochemical company
The client asked Arthur D. Little to assess the safety-integrity level (SIL) for a safety function implemented in existing plants.
- The activity was carried out in three phases.
- Firstly, preparation, collection and analysis of reference documentation (process description, PFDs, P&IDs, cause-effect diagrams, HAZOP-study worksheets) were conducted.
- Secondly, analysis with the client was facilitated in order to determine the allocation of the required safety-integrity level.
- Finally, the final report was issued.
- A thorough assessment was made of the safety, environmental and economical risk of the plants.
- Critical process equipment and assets (based on associated risk) were highlighted.
- Specific and comprehensive recommendations resulting from the assessment were delivered, enabling the client to develop a detailed action plan.