Valuing the coffee-capsules market worldwide and assessing different investment opportunities
The client was considering a partnership with a leading European manufacturer to sell coffee capsules worldwide, leveraging its manufacturing and product know-how and the commercial network and expertise of its partner.
The opportunity entailed the construction of a new factory in another European country to supply the new markets.
Arthur D. Little conducted the following tasks :
- Dimensioning of the coffee-capsules market worldwide, building a model that scored each market and allowed configuration of different scenarios
- Identification of the most interesting markets for each coffee-capsule system
- Construction of a business plan for the following 5 years, assuming growth, change in price and variable capital expenditures upon sales by country and coffee-capsule system
- Recommendations on growth alternatives given the company’s capabilities and market opportunities
- Business plan for investment opportunities
- Advisory on current investment opportunity and other growth alternatives