A large food and beverage company wished to make the organisational and governance arrangements surrounding its global quality and food safety function clearer and more straightforward, in order to boost quality performance whilst reducing cost.
Over a 9 month period, Arthur D. Little supported a change and reorganization programme across the company, focusing especially on arrangements at the corporate level, and including:
- Programme management for five workstreams covering quality and food safety, scientific and regulatory affairs, laboratory services and science and technology
- Future target states for organization and governance through multi-stakeholder workshops, benchmarking and activity analysis
- Supporting approaches for quality audit, supplier quality assurance and laboratory services
- Fully costed business cases to support the rationale for change
- Implementation planning and roll-ou
The work has given rise to multi-million dollar savings through changes in organisational efficiency and improved ways of working, whilst boosting internal capabilities.