Tom has 23+ years of experience advising senior executives and decision makers in reducing their Total Cost of Risk (TCOR).
Tom is a Partner based in our London office with the responsibility of enhancing and building the Risk practice’s service offering . He brings 20+ years risk management experience both in senior consulting and operational roles. His key areas of expertise include:
- Risk based strategic planning and forecasting,
- Risk analysis and quantification,
- Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) reduction strategies including insurance and captive management,
- Governance, risk and compliance technology platforms
Prior to joining ADL, Tom held senior positions in the professional services and insurance sectors including EMEA risk advisory partnerships at Alvarez & Marsal LLP and Willis Towers Watson where he supported FTSE250 and Fortune 500 companies improve their approach to risk management and drive business performance. Earlier in his career he held the role of Head of Risk Management at Roll-Royce plc, the technology company, where he was the recipient of the 2007 European Strategic Risk Discretionary Award for Excellence in Risk Management.
He was a key author of AIRMIC’s 2017 Risk Appetite guide, Jan 2017 report: Ensuring Corporate Viability in an Uncertain World – providing a focus on the Viability Statement, the Institute of Directors’ 2012 publication: “Business Risk, A Practical Guide For Board Members”, and contributes regularly to the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times and Commercial Risks Europe.
Other activities and affiliations include:
- Visiting lecturer at Cardiff University on risk management methodologies
- Member of British Standards Institute (BSI) committees for Risk Management and Governance
In his spare time, Tom is a keen cyclist, golfer and skier, and supports the arts, in particular opera.